Expression of Interest: Senior Electrical Engineer, Townsville, Qld
Job reference: 20000
Who we are
Orana Engineering began its operation as a provider of engineering services to the surface operations of coal mines and metalliferous mines. Having extensive prior experience working for mining operations and observing that many mining and heavy industrial operations had closed down their internal engineering departments, the management of Orana Engineering identified a void to which it could add value to its client businesses.
Orana Engineering has since expanded its market providing engineering services into the sectors of surface and underground coal, surface and underground metalliferous, oil and gas, water treatment, power generation and heavy industry. Orana Engineering has also expanded its engineering services to include project management, Client Engineer roles and drawing management.
Expressions of Interest are currently being sought from Senior Electrical Engineers looking for upcoming opportunities within the resources sector. The Senior Electrical Engineer role reports to the Townsville Office Engineering Manager, is based in Townsville, North Queensland and includes completion of onsite works as required.
The role of a Senior Electrical Engineer at Orana Engineering includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Promoting safety and fostering a safe culture in all facets of work to which Orana Engineering is engaged.
- Performing Electrical Engineering design.
- Performing Control System Engineering design, configuration and implementation.
- Ensuring Compliance with Australian Standards and relevant regulatory acts of legislation.
- Preparation of estimates and proposals.
- Performance of Engineering audits and reviews.
- Project Management of various interdisciplinary projects including preparation and management of project correspondence, documents, budgets, estimates and tenders.
- Motivating and leading work teams to achieve positive project outcomes within budget, quality and schedule constraints.
- Technical report writing.
- Technical presentations.
- Providing leadership within the organisation, in particular mentoring and guidance for junior engineering and design staff.
- Performing onsite works, including investigations, construction management, supervision and commissioning.
- Communication and interaction with clients, vendors and company employees.
- Observing confidentiality requirements relevant to this position.
- Working as part of a team contributing to improving the quality and level of engineering and services offered to our clients.
Who we are looking for
At Orana Engineering people are without question the most important asset of our business. To deliver the services and projects that the company provides, it is essential that Orana Engineering employees have skills and personal qualities that are suited to the business model and business philosophy of the company.
We are looking for Senior Electrical Engineers with a passion for detailed engineering design and project management of multidisciplinary projects in the water treatment, power generation, oil and gas, mining and heavy industrial sectors. Orana Engineering prides itself on providing practical and sustainable solutions to our clients and previous experience in site-based engineering roles and projects is therefore highly regarded, particularly in the aforementioned fields.
Only persons with a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) that is recognised and accepted by Engineers Australia would be considered for a Senior Engineering role with Orana Engineering. Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) status to the Board of Professional Engineers (BPEQ) would be highly regarded but is not immediately essential. Engineers who are in the process of obtaining their CPEng and RPEQ status are strongly encouraged to forward an Expression of Interest.
To be suitable for the position of Senior Electrical Engineer, you must -
- Be task orientated, focused on completing a job, not watching the clock
- Value feedback as a learning opportunity, one that can lead to personal improvement
- Be accountable and responsible
- Enjoy communicating and value the importance of it
- Value the respect and friendship of your fellow employees
- Have excellent attention to detail and value that such is essential to Orana Engineering’s business
- Care about the quality of services that Orana Engineering delivers and value the reputation of the business
If you have these qualities we want to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Orana Engineering prides itself on having developed and maintained an environment where employees enjoy working with each other and for our clients. Regularly delivering quality engineered solutions makes working at Orana Engineering both rewarding and satisfying
- We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience
- Participation in our Accrued Hours Program
- Townsville has proven to be a fantastic place to live, work and raise a family with ready access to recreational activities and a character sometimes lost in major capital cities
- Orana Engineering funds a Social Program operated by its employees which extends to also include events involving partners and families
- Orana Engineering encourages the continual development of employees through training and professional memberships
How to submit your application for Senior Electrical Engineer
To register your interest, please upload a single PDF document combining your Expression of Interest cover letter and CV via the “Apply now” button below.
Note that only those applicants who are successful in being short-listed for an interview will be receive a response to their application.
Please ensure that the relevant Expression of Interest number (EOI Ref# 20000) is referenced in your document upload.
|Apply online||Apply by post|
|Apply Now||Post your covering letter and CV to
Orana Engineering Pty Ltd
EOI Ref# 20000
PO Box 1489
Aitkenvale BC, Queensland, 4814