Expression of Interest: Mechanical Design Draftsperson, Townsville, Qld
Job reference: 20005
Who we are
Orana Engineering began its operation as a provider of engineering services to the surface operations of coal mines and metalliferous mines. Having extensive prior experience working for mining operations and observing that many mining and heavy industrial operations had closed down their internal engineering departments, the management of Orana Engineering identified a void to which it could add value to its client businesses.
Orana Engineering has since expanded its market providing engineering services into the sectors of surface and underground coal, surface and underground metalliferous, oil and gas, water treatment, power generation and heavy industry. Orana Engineering has also expanded its engineering services to include project management, Client Engineer roles and drawing management.
Expressions of Interest are currently being sought from Mechanical Design Draftspersons looking for upcoming opportunities within the resources sector. The Mechanical Design Draftsperson role reports to the Design Office Manager, is based in Townsville, North Queensland and includes completion of onsite works as required.
The role of a Mechanical Design Draftsperson at Orana Engineering includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Promote safety and foster a safe culture in all facets of work to which Orana Engineering is engaged.
- Experience in mechanical design drafting or mechanical engineering design principles.
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Inventor 3D modelling software packages.
- Perform mechanical detailed design drafting.
- Perform documentation control functions.
- Use and adhere to Drawing Office standards and procedures.
- Perform project management of drafting projects, ensuring that projects for which you are assigned are performed within target project budgets and estimates.
- Provide input to assist in the creation of project estimates.
- Promote the Drawing Office capabilities and alert the company to new opportunities.
- Maintain and forge strong business relationships with existing and new clients.
- Draft reports and documents relevant to your role and assigned projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent time and personal work management skills.
- Be highly self-motivated and have a professional work ethic driven to achieve milestones and complete project deliverables.
- Have proficiency of computer software applications utilised by your profession.
- Perform site visits for project purposes which in some cases will require multiple nights away from home.
- Work as part of a team contributing to improving the quality and level of services offered to our clients.
Who we are looking for
At Orana Engineering people are without question the most important asset of our business. To deliver the services and projects that thecompany provides, it is essential that Orana Engineering employees have skills and personal qualities that are suited to the business model and business philosophy of the company.
We are looking for Mechanical Design Draftspersons who arehighly self-motivated and looking to join a team of Engineers and Designers focused on delivering very high quality design solutions. Whilst experience performing detailed design in coal / metalliferous mining and general heavy industry is not essential it would be highly regarded. Having a mechanical heavy industry trade background would also be advantageous.
Orana Engineering utilises AutoCAD and Inventor 3D modelling software packages and demonstrated proficiency with these is a prerequisite of the Mechanical Design Drafting role.
To be suitable for a position at Orana Engineering, you must:
- Be task orientated, focused on completing a job, not watching the clock.
- Value feedback as a learning opportunity, one that can lead to personal improvement.
- Be accountable and responsible.
- Enjoy communicating and value the importance of it.
- Value the respect and friendship of your fellow employees.
- Have excellent attention to detail and value that such is essential to Orana Engineering’s business.
- Care about the quality of services that Orana Engineering delivers and value the reputation of the business.
If you have these qualities we want to hear from you.
To be suitable for the position of Mechanical Design Draftsperson, you must -
- Be task orientated, focused on completing a job, not watching the clock
- Value feedback as a learning opportunity, one that can lead to personal improvement
- Be accountable and responsible
- Enjoy communicating and value the importance of it
- Value the respect and friendship of your fellow employees
- Have excellent attention to detail and value that such is essential to Orana Engineering’s business
- Care about the quality of services that Orana Engineering delivers and value the reputation of the business
If you have these qualities we want to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Orana Engineering prides itself on having developed and maintained an environment where employees enjoy working with each other and for our clients. Regularly delivering quality engineered solutions makes working at Orana Engineering both rewarding and satisfying
- We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience
- Participation in our Accrued Hours Program
- Townsville has proven to be a fantastic place to live, work and raise a family with ready access to recreational activities and a character sometimes lost in major capital cities
- Orana Engineering funds a Social Program operated by its employees which extends to also include events involving partners and families
- Orana Engineering encourages the continual development of employees through training and professional memberships
How to submit your application for Mechanical Design Draftsperson
To register your interest, please upload a single PDF document combining your Expression of Interest cover letter and CV via the “Apply now” button below.
Note that only those applicants who are successful in being short-listed for an interview will be receive a response to their application.
Please ensure that the relevant Expression of Interest number (EOI Ref# 20005) is referenced in your document upload.
|Apply online||Apply by post|
|Apply Now||Post your covering letter and CV to
Orana Engineering Pty Ltd
EOI Ref# 20005
PO Box 1489
Aitkenvale BC, Queensland, 4814