3rd / 4th Year Mechanical Engineering, Townsville, Qld
Job Reference: 30007
Who We Are:
Orana Engineering is an engineering consultancy working in mechanical, electrical, structural and control systems engineering. It began its operation as a provider of engineering services to the surface operations of coal and metalliferous mines. Having extensive experience working for mining operations and observing that many mining and heavy industrial operations had closed down their internal engineering departments, the management of Orana Engineering identified a void to which it could add value to its client businesses.
Orana Engineering has since expanded its market providing engineering services into the sectors of surface and underground coal mines, surface and underground metalliferous mines, coal and metalliferous processing plants, oil and gas, water treatment, power generation and heavy industry. Orana Engineering has also expanded its engineering services to include project management, onsite engineering support and drawing management.
Interest is currently being sought from 3rd or 4th year Mechanical Engineering students looking for vacation placement within the resources sector, during the mid-year and end of year semester breaks. This vacation role reports to the Townsville Office Engineering Manager, is based in Townsville, North Queensland and includes completion of onsite works if / as required.
Mechanical Engineering Role – General Description:
A Mechanical Engineering vacation placement with Orana Engineering will offer students broad exposure to the consulting industry, key elements include but are not limited to the following:
- Promoting safety and fostering a safe culture in all facets of work to which Orana Engineering is engaged.
- Performing mechanical engineering design.
- Ensuring compliance with Australian Standards and relevant regulatory acts of legislation.
- Preparation of estimates and proposals.
- Performance of engineering audits and reviews.
- Project management of various interdisciplinary projects including preparation and management of project correspondence, documents, budgets, estimates and tenders.
- Motivating and leading work teams to achieve positive project outcomes within budget, quality and schedule constraints.
- Technical report writing.
- Technical presentations.
- Exposure to onsite works, including supporting investigations, construction management, supervision and commissioning.
- Communication and interaction with clients, vendors and company employees.
- Observing confidentiality requirements relevant to this position.
- Working as part of a team contributing to improving the quality and level of engineering and services offered to our clients.
Who We Are Looking For:
At Orana Engineering, people are without question the most important asset of our business. To deliver the services and projects that the company provides, it is essential that Orana Engineering employees have skills and personal qualities that are suited to the business model and business philosophy of the company.
Applicants for vacation placement must be in their 3rd or 4th year of study towards a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree. We are looking for engineering students with a passion for detailed engineering design and project management of multidisciplinary projects in the water treatment, power generation, oil and gas, mining and heavy industrial sectors.
To be suitable for a position at Orana Engineering, you must:
- Be task orientated, focused on completing a job, not watching the clock.
- Value feedback as a learning opportunity, one that can lead to personal improvement.
- Be accountable and responsible.
- Enjoy communicating and value the importance of it.
- Value the respect and friendship of your fellow workers.
- Have excellent attention to detail and value that such is essential to Orana Engineering’s business.
- Care about the quality of services that Orana Engineering delivers and value the reputation of the business.
If you have these qualities, we want to hear from you.
To register your interest, please upload a single PDF document combining a cover letter and CV via the “Apply Now” link below
Please ensure that Ref No. 30007 is referenced in your document upload.It should be noted that failure to apply using the above method and document format may result in your application not progressing to interview.
|Apply online||Apply by post|
|Apply Now||Post your covering letter and CV to
Orana Engineering Pty Ltd
PO Box 1489
Aitkenvale BC, Queensland, 4814